Friday, February 20, 2015

Book Review : I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson

I'll Give You the Sun
Jandy Nelson
Stand-alone
Ebook. 256 pages
16th September 2014 by Dial Books
Young Adult

Goodreads Rating : 4.10/5
My Rating : 5/5


A brilliant, luminous story of first love, family, loss, and betrayal for fans of John Green, David Levithan, and Rainbow Rowell 
Jude and her twin brother, Noah, are incredibly close. At thirteen, isolated Noah draws constantly and is falling in love with the charismatic boy next door, while daredevil Jude cliff-dives and wears red-red lipstick and does the talking for both of them. But three years later, Jude and Noah are barely speaking. Something has happened to wreck the twins in different and dramatic ways . . . until Jude meets a cocky, broken, beautiful boy, as well as someone else—an even more unpredictable new force in her life. The early years are Noah's story to tell. The later years are Jude's. What the twins don't realize is that they each have only half the story, and if they could just find their way back to one another, they’d have a chance to remake their world.
This radiant novel from the acclaimed, award-winning author of The Sky Is Everywhere will leave you breathless and teary and laughing—often all at once.


From Goodreads




When I first started this book, I thought I wasn't going to like this. I thought all those art talks, those internal drawing and everything else combined confused the hell out of me. I thought this wasn't going to work well. I thought this would be another highly-rated, widely-talked, hugely-praised book that i wouldn't enjoy so much. I thought the writing was bad because i don't really get it.

OH HOW IN THE FREAKING WRONG I WAS.

I LOVE IT, ADORE IT, BREATH IT, EVEN WILLING TO KILL FOR IT (okay maybe not ðŸ˜‚)

Why I did not pick this sooner is something that's been bugging me since 2 days back, but it doesn't matter because i finally pick it up and i never regret it.not a single bit!


JudeandNoah, Noah and Brian, Jude and Oscar. THE FEELS. I CANT EVEN BEGIN TO DESCRIBE THE WHOLE BUMPY RIDE OF EMOTIONS I WENT THROUGH.

The plot is brilliant, like you can never guess what will come next because sometimes its so unpredictable. The whole thing about 'Jude has half the stories, Noah has another' actually works on this book. Its cool actually. Its been told in 2 povs, One of Jude and one of Noah, theyre both twins, and both are great. Jude talks about the 16yrs old them which is the present, Noah on the past(13-14yrs old them) You cant really choose between those two characters like which one u like better which one you didnt bcs both of them are  equally likeable, understandable, and you can actually feel for both of them. its like ur together with them (i felt so, at least) 

This book is basically going on and on about arts. Im not into arts that much but this kinda opens up my heart towards it a little bit. 

Im not sure whether it was me who rushed, or its the ending itself, but yeah i think its kinda rushly-written ? The part about Noah and Brian at least. Like in all honesty, I want another pov of Noah, to read how his problem with Brian is settled. To read what they discussed about and all those apologies and explanation. Its not a closure enough for me. I NEED MORE,

The rushed ending makes me feel like deducting 1 star from it. But i couldnt bring myself to do that bcs i love this book too much to not give it a full shining 5 stars. 

I hope Jandy Nelson wrote another book fast because I AM FALLING IN LOVE !!!! 



“I gave up practically the whole world for you,” I tell him, walking through the front door of my own love story. “The sun, stars, ocean, trees, everything, I gave it all up for you.” 

Jude , I'll Give You the Sun

No comments:

Post a Comment