Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Book Review : The Edge of Never (The Edge of Never #1) by J.A. Redemerski

The Edge of Never 
J. A. Redmerski
Series : The Edge of Never
Sequel : The Edge of Always
Ebook, 496 pages
12th March 2013 by Forever
First published : 13th November 2012

Goodreads Ratings : 4.32/5
My Rating : 3/5


--The New York Times, USA Today, and Wallstreet Journalbestselling blockbuster-- 

This new paperback edition includes exclusive bonus material - an all-new full chapter from Andrew's point of view during a crucial scene!

Sometimes life takes you off course . . . 

THE EDGE OF NEVER

Twenty-year-old Camryn Bennett thought she knew exactly where her life was going. But after a wild night at the hottest club in downtown Raleigh, North Carolina, she shocks everyone-including herself-when she decides to leave the only life she's ever known and set out on her own. Grabbing her purse and her cell phone, Camryn boards a Greyhound bus ready to find herself. Instead, she finds Andrew Parrish.

Sexy and exciting, Andrew lives life like there is no tomorrow. He persuades Camryn to do things she never thought she would and shows her how to give in to her deepest, most forbidden desires. Soon he becomes the center of her daring new life, pulling love and lust and emotion out of her in ways she never imagined possible. But there is more to Andrew than Camryn realizes. Will his secret push them inseparably together-or destroy them forever?

From Goodreads



I have a mixed feelings about this.

Everything was perfect, up until Chapter 28. After that ? Not so much. 

Andrew and Camryn is a great duo. They make an awesome road trip partner. Their witty banters are so really good I'm impressed.

Somehow I have this one tiny voice in the back of my head saying 'No, this cant be it. Andrew is a little bit too perfect for his own good'. I mean, hes nice, considerate, funny, witty, charming, gorgeous, thoughtful, protective, he throws a good punch, he sings, he plays guitars, hes good in bed and the list goes on. LOL SERIOUSLY?! Thats too much even for a fictional character. It doesnt even make sense ! 

The first 28 chapters are really good. I have to give it a credit because I really enjoy it. I giggled, I squealed and I smiled at their banters and their thoughts so its good. The POV from both Andrew and Camryn works well in this book because it gave me the insight of what Andrew think. (i'm biased to Andrew, like normal girls would do hehe)

When I discovered that this book revolves around Andrew and Camryn's road trip, I was ecstatic. I LOVE ROAD TRIPS SO MUCH. But sadly enough, this one doesn't satisfy me. Dont take it wrong. Its good, but i've read better. And the better one has set the bar too high so its pretty tough to compete. 

What really pissed me off is that starting from chapter 29 onwards, EVERYTHING IS TOO FREAKING CHEESY I CANT EVEN STAND IT. I MEAN IT. EVERYTHING. Too much 'baby' in one page sometimes. Its just, urgh. I cant stand cheesy and sappy lines, honest to God. I can just puke. AND WORSE, THEIR BANTERS DECREASES OKAY. THE BEST PART IN THIS BOOK WAS DECREASED TO MAKE WAY FOR THOSE CHEESY LOVE LINES. WHAT EVEN ?!

The ending, if it isnt for the excessive cheesy lines and endearment words, would be good and unexpected for me. The book, as in overall too, would get a full on 5 stars from me. But the cheesy love lines, excessive usage of endearment terms, too-perfect Andrew and the slowly decreasing witty banters ruin it for me. Sorry, Redmerski.

I know its got a sequel, The Edge of Always if I'm not mistaken. But I think I'm going to leave it at that. The ending for The Edge of Never is satisfying enough, there shouldn't even be a book two in the first place, in my opinion. 

Do I like it ?
Okay enough
Would I recommend it ?
If you dont mind cheesy and sappy love lines, then I think youre going to love this.

No comments:

Post a Comment