Thursday, February 19, 2015

Book Review : Kaleidoscope Heart by Claire Contreras

Kaleidoscope Heart
Claire Contreras
Stand-alone
Ebook, 336 pages
8th January 2015
New Adult, Contemporary Romance

Goodreads Rating : 4.18/5
My Rating : 5/5

He was my older brother's best friend. He was never supposed to be mine. I thought we would get it out of our system and move on. 
One of us did. 
One of us left. 
Now he’s back, looking at me like he wants to devour me. And all those feelings I’d turned into anger are brewing into something else, something that terrifies me. 
He broke my heart last time. This time he'll obliterate it.

From Goodreads


IT WAS AMAZING.
FREAKING AMAZING.
ITS SO GOOD I CANT GET OVER IT KIND OF AMAZING.

I've had a bad reading week right before i started kaleidoscope heart and I'm so glad i decided to pick this one to overcome it.

first thing first, i really really like Estelle. Shes amazing, shes strong, shes witty, shes cool, shes not bitchy, shes just great. She knows when and how to control herself, Shes a good friend, an awesome little sister, a lovely daughter, and a cool lady all around.

“I don’t want to say that I feel complete when I’m with him—because I’m complete without him—but when I’m with him I feel like a better version of myself. And I think that’s what has always drawn me to Oliver. He makes me feel good about who I am, and I don’t feel like I need to change or pretend when I’m around him. I’m just me, and being me has never felt better.” - Estelle


And Oliver. Im not into guys with sort of long hairs and man bun (although oliver's isnt long enough when hes older but still) , but i think i might take this one into exception. HES THAT GOOD.

“If you just want to move in together, let’s do that instead, but I don’t want to do this thing where we go our separate ways after our dates. I don’t want the one drawer in each house. I want the whole closet full of both of our clothes,” he says, grabbing both sides of my face. “I want the bumping into each other when we’re trying to get dressed in the morning. I want it all, Elle. I don’t—” - Oliver Hart


I like almost everything about this book. I like how mature both the main characters are. I like how their relationship grows. I like Elle's parents, both their relationship with their children (THEYRE A REALLY COOL AND UNDERSTANDING AND MATURE AND FUNNY AND LOVABLE KIND OF PARENTS SO ONE BIG STAR FOR THAT) and the relationship between the parents themselves. I like the whole issues with the broken glass heart thingy. It looks really cool that i googled for it out of curiosity. It looks something like this.


 




And eeeeeeeeep !!! i have always liked stories with siblings' witty and funny banters and this book has thatttttt. plus the gorgeous bestfriends the older brother has, hanging around the house. Victor, Oliver and Jensen makes one drool-worthy squad.

Ive always said that i cant stand cheesy love lines, but this one, although its actually cheesy, i dont even mind it. So thats a plus point

The story is good, the plot is good, the characters are good, even the conflicts are good. Im satisfied.

Seeing this as a stand alone, im pretty disappointed though. I mean, if Claire turns this into a series it'd be really fudging good !! i need more insight with Jensen/Mia story, and hey, Victor needs a book for himself too !!!!

Thanks Claire Contreras for writing one awesome book ! Gonna look out for more of yours !

No comments:

Post a Comment