Sunday, June 28, 2015

The Fill-In Boyfriend by Kasie West


The Fill-In Boyfriend
Kasie West
Young Adult Contemporary
Ebook, 352 pages
5th May 2015 by HarperTeen

Goodreads Ratings : 3.93/5
My Rating : 4.75/5



When Gia Montgomery's boyfriend, Bradley, dumps her in the parking lot of her high school prom, she decides to do the unthinkable…convince the cute guy waiting to pick up his sister to pretend to be her boyfriend for the night. The task is simple: two hours, zero commitment, a few white lies.

The problem is that days after prom, she can't stop thinking about her fill-in boyfriend. But can Gia turn her fake boyfriend into a real one without exposing her lie and possibly destroying her friendships and her newfound relationship?

Smartly observed and wonderfully romantic, Kasie West's talent shines in this tale of one girl's unexpected quest to find love…and possibly herself.

From Goodreads

Wow I actually enjoyed this ! I finished this in one sitting so I totally got sucked in right from the start.

Ive read Katie West's The Distance Between Us before and I dont like it that much. So when I saw her new book on Goodreads and bookstagram, I thought 'nah this would be just the same'. BUT NO ITS NOT.

This book is pretty cute and pretty cliche but the cute part outweighs the cliche part for me. Everyone can pretty much predict how the plot goes with this type of books but its the littlest things and details that actually counts. I can't believe I got all jittery while reading this but I did. (I personally think that the books that caused me the jitters/tingles are the best kind of books)

One thing though. If I could strangle fictional characters, I swear I would ! God, everyone around Gia is frustrating the shit out of me. Cant they give Gia a break ?! From her parents, her brother to her best friends. Especially Jules. Ive already killed her in 643 ways already in my mind. Shes THAT annoying.
A fun, light and enjoyable read, overall. 


“We rarely find a depth by looking inside of ourselves for it. Depth is found in what we can learn from the people and things around us. Everyone, everything, has a story, Gia. When you learn those stories, you learn experiences that fill you up, that expand your understanding. You add layers to your soul.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment