Sunday, June 28, 2015

The Deal (Off Campus #1) by Elle Kennedy

The Deal
Off Campus #1
Elle Kennedy
New Adult, Sports Romance
Ebook, 328 pages
24th February 2014

Goodreads Ratings : 4.39/5
My Rating : 5/5




She’s about to make a deal with the college bad boy... 

Hannah Wells has finally found someone who turns her on. But while she might be confident in every other area of her life, she’s carting around a full set of baggage when it comes to sex and seduction. If she wants to get her crush’s attention, she’ll have to step out of her comfort zone and make him take notice…even if it means tutoring the annoying, childish, cocky captain of the hockey team in exchange for a pretend date. 

...and it’s going to be oh so good. 
All Garrett Graham has ever wanted is to play professional hockey after graduation, but his plummeting GPA is threatening everything he’s worked so hard for. If helping a sarcastic brunette make another guy jealous will help him secure his position on the team, he’s all for it. But when one unexpected kiss leads to the wildest sex of both their lives, it doesn’t take long for Garrett to realize that pretend isn’t going to cut it. Now he just has to convince Hannah that the man she wants looks a lot like him.

From Goodreads



I AM IN LOVE

/satisfied sigh/

Oh, Garrett. Oh, charming charming Garrett. Definitely one of my top book boyfriends. /swoon/

So The Deal is the typical New Adult and Sports Romance. A jerk but super hot and super cool guy whos a jock in college (Garrett) and one day he met a girl (Hannah) who hates all those arrogant attitude. You know what happens next. But no matter how typical and cliche the book is, it managed to get into my top favourite list. Thats how good it is.

One of the many things i love and respect about Hannah is that, despite her rape history, she managed to get over it. I mean, yeah being raped is a huge issue. One may be full-on traumatized about that, which might be a huge issue on herself and her sex/love relationship which more often than not, this situation is famous in most new adult / romance fiction with the whole panic attack thing (it's starting to get old, really) but this time, is completely a fresh story. Hannah managed to put it past her, although not completely, but its still impressive. 

“I know it wasn’t my fault. I know I didn’t ask for it or do something to invite it. It didn’t steal my ability to trust people or cause me to fear every man that crosses my path. Years of therapy helped me see that the burden of blame lies solely on him. There was something wrong with him. Not me. Never me. And the most important lesson I learned is that I’m not a victim—I’m a survivor.” - Hannah Wells

See that ? You go, girl !

Garrett is the captain of hockey in college. AND HES EVERYTHING I EVER WANTED. He's confident, sexy, funny, hes a brilliant student. his witty and the flirty remarks are gold. And the list goes on. He lives off campus with his football teammates and THE WHOLE PACK IS INSANE. 

Overall, this book is perfect. Full on 5 stars without a doubt. I would talk about it on and on but i think this would do. Elle Kennedy, you rocks !

“I fight back laughter. “As you wish.” “Did you really just Princess Bride me?” “Did you really just use Princess Bride as a verb?” - Elle Kennedy, The Deal 


No comments:

Post a Comment