Saturday, May 30, 2015

P.S. I Still Love You (To All The Boys I've Loved Before #2) by Jenny Han

P.S. I Still Love You
To All The Boys I've Loved Before #2
Jenny Han
Young Adult Contemporary
337 pages, paperback
26th May 2015 by Simon and Schuster

Goodreads Ratings : 4.32/5
My Rating : 4.75/5

Lara Jean didn’t expect to really fall for Peter.
She and Peter were just pretending. Except suddenly they weren’t. Now Lara Jean is more confused than ever.
When another boy from her past returns to her life, Lara Jean’s feelings for him return too. Can a girl be in love with two boys at once?

In this charming and heartfelt sequel to the New York Times bestseller To All the Boys I've Loved Before, we see first love through the eyes of the unforgettable Lara Jean. Love is never easy, but maybe that’s part of what makes it so amazing.

From Goodreads


FINALLYYYYYYYYYYYYY !!!



Ever since I finished reading To All The Boys Ive Loved Before months ago, I was dying to read the sequel because WHO ENDS A STORY WITH A “DEAR PETER…” ?!!!! That’s evil.

“Sometimes I like you so much I can’t stand it. It fills up inside me, all the way to the brim, and I feel like I could overflow. I like you so much I don’t know what to do with it. My heart beats so fast when I know I’m going to see you again. And then, when you look at me the way you do, I feel like the luckiest girl in the world.” 

Oh, my. /swoon/

The book opens up with a confession/apology  letter from Lara Jean to Peter and the story picks up right where it was left off—5 days after their break up. With Lara Jean as the narrator, she slowly brings us to the intense ride of emotions. And when I say emotions, I mean emotions by all meaning and sense of the word. I laughed, giggled, squealed, I teared up a little, I got angry, I was annoyed, everything ! How is this supposedly simple book has everything all in one ?! At some points, I have to stop reading and just take a deep breath to calm myself because the intensity  of the emotions is just too much. And I’m not even kidding.



The main focus of this novel is the romance and oh my God, the romance is KILLING ME. Peter K and Lara Jean is like the walking epitome of ‘us against the world’. Their relationship is cute, funny, sweet and sizzling hot all at once. I don’t think I went a scene of them without at least a chuckle.

'He lifts his head, his eyes are sad and enormous. “Can we hug now ?”

Shakily I nod, and we both get up and I wrap my arms around his middle. He holds me tight against him. His voice is muffled against my shoulder as he says, “Can we never fight again ?”'

I WANT A PETER KAVINSKY IN MY LIFE TOO :(((



We were informed straight from the blurb that there is going to be a love triangle. Which worries me because WHO DARES TO SPLIT PETER K AND LARA JEAN. URGH ! But im so glad that this book isn’t entirely focused on the love triangle part. John is cool, nice even. But my heart will always go to Peter Kavinsky. All through the way ! Team Peter ! /sways pom pom/

I know a lot of people who is annoyed with Lara Jean for being immature in TATBILB but in this book, she grows up a lot. She’s getting mature (although sometimes she stills doesn’t act like her age) and surprisingly, there are a lot of times where I find her thoughts totally understandable and relatable. Like if I were faced with the exact situations as she is, I would think the way she thinks too. And I like this feeling a lot :)

There is also this minor theme that was going on in the book about how boys and girls are treated differently, double standards and all. I wont say much or else it would be a spoiler but I love how the author brings this issue out in this book. Thanks, Jenny Han.

Another thing that I loved about this book is how strong the Song-Covey family relationship is. I love how Lara Jean’s family becomes her fundamental support system. Kitty, although she is still annoying as hell, is cute and funny. Margot is a wonderful sister and their father is sooo awkward lol. And LJ baking abilities is still phenomenal !

The only huge issue I have with this book is the ending. It is a happy ending, but it was unsettled. I get that maybe Jenny Han wants things to be left to the imagination but I don’t ! I’m yearning for answers to the questions in my head. I wish the ending was longer.

Over all, P.S. I Still Love You is NOT a disappointment. Congrats, Jenny Han.


"Let’s do it fucking for real, Lara Jean. Let’s go all in. No more contract. No more safety net. You can break my heart. Do whatever you want with it" - Peter Kavinsky, P.S. I Still Love You


No comments:

Post a Comment