Friday, May 15, 2015

Book Review : Champion (Legend #3) by Marie Lu

Champion
Legend #3
Marie Lu
Young Adult, Dystopia
Paperback, 353 pages
5th November 2013 by Penguin

Goodreads Ratings : 4.4/5
My Rating : 5/5


He is a Legend.

She is a Prodigy.

Who will be Champion?
 

June and Day have sacrificed so much for the people of the Republic—and each other—and now their country is on the brink of a new existence. June is back in the good graces of the Republic, working within the government’s elite circles as Princeps-Elect, while Day has been assigned a high-level military position. 

But neither could have predicted the circumstances that will reunite them: just when a peace treaty is imminent, a plague outbreak causes panic in the Colonies, and war threatens the Republic’s border cities. This new strain of plague is deadlier than ever, and June is the only one who knows the key to her country’s defense. But saving the lives of thousands will mean asking the one she loves to give up everything. 

With heart-pounding action and suspense, Marie Lu’s bestselling trilogy draws to a stunning conclusion.

From Goodreads



Wow what an amazing ride this is.
Wow.

Champion is the best last book  in the history of trilogies. EVER. Even Mockingjay and Allegiant aren’t as good as this one. How this trilogy ends simply astonished me.  I thought the ending would break my heart to tiny little pieces. I was preparing myself for the worst with a box of tissues and a tub of ice cream beside me. I was preparing for the massive heartache. I was so ready to cry.

But then the epilogue came AND IT IS ONE OF THE MOST SATISFYING ENDINGS I HAVE EVER READ. I COULDNT AND WOULDNT ASK FOR MORE ! (okay actually im going to ask for more : I NEED A NOVELLA ON METIAS AND THOMAS FAST !!!)

But honest to God, I am very satisfied with how the ending goes. It's the best solution for Day and June. They went through a lot. So they deserve all the happiness in the world. 







During Prodigy, I didn't think that Day and June match each other well. I ship June and Anden way more than June and Day. And I was led to believe (by myself lol) up until Champion that June is better off with Anden. But when I finished reading this trilogy with full satisfaction, i just realized that maybe I do ship Day and June, after all.

Personally, I cant picture Day and June as a 16/17 years old kids. Theyre all so mature to be a 17, it doesn’t make sense. Oh and I love Anden. There wasn’t a time where I was annoyed with Anden. None. Nil. Nada. For such a young Elector, he did a very good job at becoming one. If there is a character I hate in this trilogy, it would be Tess. Her mood swings annoyed me. Urgh. 

This whole trilogy has a perfect amount of romance and suspense. There were times when I went all AWWWWW and OMG YES !!! and there were also times where i found myself gripping the book so hard and not being able to look anywhere else because the suspense is really full of suspense. (Am I making sense ?)

Over all, the Legend trilogy is simply one of the best dystopian books i have ever read. Hands down.
 Congratulations to you, Marie Lu. 



“Then Day reaches out and touches my hand with his. He encloses it in a handshake. And just like that, I am linked with him again, I feel the pulse of our bond and his- tory and love through our hands, like a wave of magic, the return of a long-lost friend. Of something meant to be. The feeling brings tears to my eyes. Perhaps we can take a step forward together.

“Hi,” he says. “I’m Daniel.” 
“Hi,” I reply. “I’m June.” 
― Marie LuChampion

No comments:

Post a Comment