Friday, August 5, 2016

The Raven Boys (The Raven Cycle #1) by Maggie Stiefvater

The Raven Boys
(The Raven Cycle #1)
Maggie Stiefvater
YA Paranormal
Paperback, 454 pages
19th September 2012 by Scholastic

Goodreads Ratings: 4.04/5
My Rating: 4/5



Even if Blue hadn't been told her true love would die if she kissed him, she would stay away from boys. Especially the ones from the local private school. Known as Raven Boys, they only mean trouble.
But this is the year that everything will change for Blue.
This is the year that she will be drawn into the strange and sinister world of the Raven Boys. And the year Blue will discover that magic does exist.
This is the year she will fall in love.


THIS BOOK IS CREEPY. 

But then again, its not THAT creepy now that I think deeply of it. Still. 

The main reason i was desperate to read this book was because I know theres this whole gangsey group with gansey, blue, ronan, adam and noah in it since i see their names ALL OVER TWITTER. and I thought they would be this gang who throws funny and sarcastic banters 24/7 just like the dregs gang. Apparently, i was a bit wrong on that part. Gangsey is a cool gang although their bonding is...... different. Gansey's a great guy. He held everyone together and it's nice to see his interactions with the gang. Not sure what I exactly feel about Blue Sargent, though. 

Reading this book reminds me of Beautiful Creatures. It has that creepy mysterious vibes in it, whats with the family members as witches thing. But TRB is better, imo. 

TRB to me is like ATPOY, but better. I mean, in the sense of okayish writing style but super interesting concept. Maggie's writing style is okay, not a single problem with it. Just that, ive read words by authors who really have a magical touch in their writing so i tend to compare authors' writing style to each other, yknow?


The concept however, WOW. The whole ley line thing and glendower, are those real? im scared to google it myself lol. 

AND NOAH! oh my god noah you poor thing :( 

p.s. i dont think I like adam that much? i never really like this love-triangle thingy. 


My reading thread can be found here



"That's all?"
"That is all there is left."

No comments:

Post a Comment